Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Now I'm a Suspicious Indonesian.

Ah tidak! It looks not cool when police checks my IC in front of my house! So wrong image. Uncle Tan's daughter is a GOOD GIRL okay! :P Ok, with inverted commas.

Joe decided to drop me off at the junction, not willing to turn into the illegal way anymore. So I walked towards my house. That's when I saw 4 policemen on motorcycles pass by, probably doing some routine check-up. Brickfields is no longer the same place it used to be.

Here's the surprise.

I was about 5 steps away from my green gate, and I hear some motorcycles sound approaching me and slowed down. I quickly turn around. Apa lagi, abang-abang polis la. Ok, I know its one way road now and it is illegal to come in from left side, but I'm just walking, not in a car wht....

Police 1: Kak, mintak tengok IC.
Me : Saya duduk sini la *points at green gate*
Police 1 : Takper, nak tengok IC utk kepastian.
Me : Ok...

Took out IC and gave him. I was putting on a serious face, not going to entertain them much on what I was expecting. Police 2 was on the same bike with Police 1. He got his jaw dropped a little after seeing my IC.

Police 1 : Cina rupanya! Nampak Melayu.
Me : Mmmm.
Police 1 : Sorry ye, terpaksa check.
Me : Takpe, saya faham. Tugas kan.

Police 1 did not return the IC back. He took out a form instead. I saw it. Borang Pemeriksaan Orang and he wrote down my name, address and IC number. Curious, so I asked him about this.

Me : Nie, rutin harian kan? Just check-check and isi borang?
Police 1 : ahh, takla, just check sebab nampak..
Me : MACAM SUSPECT?
Police 1 : Takderla nak panggil sebagai suspect, cuma nak check untuk kepastian. You nampak macam Indon skit gak.

AH!!!!!!!!!! Now I looked Indonesian. I regret tying up my hair. hahahah! Private joke. Earlier when I was tying up my hair in Joyce's house, I told the group of people how I dislike tying up my hair coz I will look more Malay... Didn't know it will be Indonesian. -__-"

Me : Oh Indon. Hahaha (fake laugh)
Police 1 : Kerja mana?
Me : Student saje.
Police 1 : Student kat mana?
Me : One Academy.
Police 1 : oh. Bila abis belajar?
Me : tak lama lagi la.
Police 1 : Sorry yer, terpaksa check sebab duty.
Me : Takper-tkaper. Saya faham. Sini mmg banyak orang Indon pun.

OK. When he was about to finish filling up the form, I was about to get my IC back. Before that, he gave me a surprise.

Police 1 : Ni kalau nak mintak nombor telefon boleh?
Me : Ah... Takperla. hahahaha(Fake laugh again)

No comment anymore, always get "special treatment" from abang-abang polis. I'm numb ady la. It wasn't a surprise actually. If only Mr Boyfriend was there.

Marah Abang Joe, when he finds out. Heheh!

By the way, I'm so tired right now. Body aching thanks to the video shooting this afternoon. I forgot to bring my jacket, ended up with whole body got "chilled" nicely in Sunway Pyramid. Joe offered me to wear his big jacket instead. So comfortable, so nice smell. Very busuk indeed! ;)

8 comments:

suzzsuzie said...

hahha...what a joke.......next time pls do not tie your hair...

Apple Tan said...

Hahahah! yes mdm. no more tying up my hair. :P

nathra nd said...

wkakakakaka...takleh bla...nak no tefon boleh?ishh...asal ied xleh tanye aku je..wkakakaka...

Apple Tan said...

mmg bodoh gila la! mintak nombor. ahahahaah!!

luth textile said...

pity sabahan. after this try buat rambut look more Chinese sikit ahhh

Apple Tan said...

Luth :susah la nak rambut mcm Chinese girls in college i. tak sesuai la... rambut "cina" pun tak dpt elakkan org from assuming i am malay. heheheh...

atreyu strange said...

Gosh I think I can relate to incidents like this (and the one on being a Sabahan incident). My mum's friend once thought that I am the maid of the house just because I was holding a basket of grocery, wearing selipar jepun, and tying a ponytail.

And just so you get my point, I'm half Bidayuh, half Indian - so the skin color really does not help FML.

Apple Tan said...

Atreyu:hello theree! :) wow, half bidayuh half indian. That's cool! but aint cool when we go through experiences like these.

Hahahah! maid! thts funny! and guess what, I got that too. haihh. just because i bun up my hair and wear shorts with big T, mopping the floor.