Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Phone Number Story.

If people who knows me and need to contact me, I can accept that they got my number from my friends. I know them, so I'm cool with it.

What's not cool is when you get stupid strangers having your number, and keep disturbing you with missed calls and SMSes like "Hi, nak berkenalan blh?" - Go to hell please. Thanks.

Imagine having friends who loves to be "helpful", trying to be the matchmaker or something. That's very annoying. Dear friends who simply give people my number, thanks for being an ass. Thanks for not informing me too. So much for my phone number privacy. You can go to hell too okay?

But wait. What annoys me is that, some people are smarter than that. They have the access to my info, so it is very easy to get my number.

Recently, (more like yesterday!) I highly suspected this new stalker got my number from the returning graduation robe form. It is a must to leave your number, in case anything happens. I have no choice and I didn't expect this anyway. This suspect/stalker is believed to be that particular person who works under that photography company. This stalker is a tomboy. But your gender or preference is not my interest. It is very unethical to take my number from the form okay?

I wish that these type of people do not have to do this. Come to me and ask me for my number, and I'm not promising that I would give you my number. There is a need to have a solid reason to do so. Honestly speaking, I usually do not give away my number to people. I'm that type that do not like to exchange number with new buddies. I do not know why I'm being so phone-number-stingy.

Oh. Maybe I'm sick of these silly SMSes and missed calls from unknown numbers. Why should I take the risk to spread my number.

Yesterday, while at college for final project, I received an SMS.
"Hai, sape nie?"
I chose not to reply. Hoping that this is going to end.
After 10 mins, this number called and I answered right away.
When I say hello, the person hung up.
Another SMS came in right after that.
"U ni Pern kan?"
I was shocked already. This is no random call. Someone either wants to play a damn prank with me or really a person who wants to make friends with me. I'm not interested la wei! I didn't reply.

You must be thinking this is it. I thought so too. Sadly, this person continue to bug me after 5 hours of silence. Huh! I was thankful Joe was with me. We were at Shah Alam, hanging out with his friends for awhile before going for dinner. Told Joe everything.

It was an SMS.
"Hai, nak berkenalan boleh?"
I was annoyed. I showed Syg the message. I can tell he wasn't really happy. His expression changed. He took out his phone and called this number right away. This person answered and kept quiet!

Freaky right? Joe didn't say a word too. Then the person hung up, and SMSed me!
"Nombor sapa plak u guna nie?"

The stalker didn't realise it was my boyfriend who called. So, Syg typed quite mean words, prepared to reply from his phone. But I told him not to reveal about "I know you are that photography shop staff". It was just my instincts. He retyped the message and showed me.
"Nombor bapa ko"

Amazing how some people do not know when to give up! I've got a reply to my phone.
"Relax ah u..jgn marah2"

Very funny. Who would want to relax when he/she got a stranger bugging to make friends. Syg was angry and called that number up. The person kept quiet and Joe took the chance to say "Nombor bapa ko ah"

Finally, it ended well. My bf was the hero. Yey. The person quit bugging me. :)

Sorryla, I'm not interested with strangers making friends with me this way. And this has nothing to do with my status as a single and available person nor happily in a good relationship. My status would not change my stand.

Psst. Wanna know why I highly suspected that person was the tomboy?
Because while taking my graduation robe, she acted weird, came and took over somebody else's job. She almost got the chance to put on the robe for me. Omg. She was upset when her colleague (not tomboy, a nice Malay lady) snatched my robe from her and put it on for me.

The tomboy did mentioned "Alaaa! Dia yang dapat plak!"

Very obvious la. Some more I'm very perasan type. I believe in my woman instinct. Hehehe. Then, when I was about to return my robe, she was there. She saw me filling up the big form. Her actions made her motive very obvious to me.

I know she might just want to make friends with me. But look, I'm anti-social now. I've got no Facebook. I only tweet in a private account. I rarely make friends okay! And it is not nice to take my number from the form and kacau-kacau my life.

When someone gets my number from other sources without my permission, it is not nice. I'm not desperate for any attention. I'm contented with my ordinary life.

7 comments:

princess_nathra said...

OMG!!!love ur story..damn funny..and the part where joe became the hero..LMAO~
weh,u kno,one of those m'laka guys from the department,u kno where,gave my number to some stranger in m'laka..dah r call aku slalu,then,he act like he's my boyfriend..gilerrr!!!psycho giler...scary..till last week i told him i have a bf..baru cam ok dah..haha..oh,aku dah msg dia kata xnak kawan n blablabla,he still muka tak malu cari aku...urghh..

Apple Tan said...

Hahahahha!! Joe betul2 was the hero! Good right?

They gave your number?? ignore2. jgn layan. kau jgn reply at all. biarkn dia msg apa2 dia nk. call pun jgn angkat.

it could be tht this fella suka main2, kacau hidup org. ignore tau Nat. You be the heroine ok! :D

Mootsabella said...

babee!
OMG! that tomboy *i imagine she looks so punk pengkid lmao*
fortunately Mr Hero come and fix the problem for you. And she is lucky because your hero just said NO BAPAK KAU. If you give me her number and ask me to reply her, I afraid if all my 37 dangerous words will come out from mouth. I am loud smetimes. heheheh
and I am one of those lucky peeps who is selected on your tweeet... so proud now. hehe

Apple Tan said...

hahahah! You dont have to say tht you are "lucky". You are one of my blogger friends wht. im cool with that! :)

Mootsabella said...

yeah me too...i value this friendship so much. i hope to keep in touch always ..xoxoxxo

princess_nathra said...

yeap. i ignored..but ada skali tu,i gayut on d phone with a friend for an hour..and this mysterious misscaller(i call him tiz coz he loves misscalling me) called me for 20 times weh!!giler x?
recently,i told him i got bf alledi..then he said he sooo kecewa,sedih la ape ntah la..bodo..dah awal2 aku kata xminat..haha..i told him b4 aku kecewa ngan lelaki.then he kasi ayat bunga2 kata lelaki semua xsama..blablabla..haha..then masa i told him i got bf,he said i cakap macam keling.bodoh.benci tol wen ppl use that k word.urgh.i get very offended!!
neway,then few times he called after that,but i xjawab.and till now xcall dah.thank god.haha.

Apple Tan said...

wht a freak, this guy! bagusla dia dh tk call. menyusahkan hidup jer kalau lyn org mcm nie.