WHAT IS YOUR PET PEEVES?
I answered it. Then, I scrolled down to see other members' answers.
I was shocked to see most of the answers,
"Cats"
"Dogs"
Adui. I doubt they know what it means. They didn't even bother to find out/Google it before simply assuming that it was about pets. Only one or two knew what it means. You can tell by the answers. So I ended up giggling alone in front of my pc.
How to learn, if we simply assume the meaning? Nobody is perfect and we keep learning every day. Now, it is way more easy to check the meaning of the words we do not understand. We have Google! Online dictionaries are helpful enough. No need to go through the thick Oxford/Cambridge dictionaries.
I shall end this post with the meaning of PET PEEVES:
Taken from Answers.com
P/s : Got nothing to do with your favourite pets.
No comments:
Post a Comment