It was a Malay wedding, held at Putra Ria apartment. I didn't know that Liza & her elder sister got married at the same time! But I'm attending this wedding because I love weddings & I wanted to see my old friends from primary & secondary schools.
I didn't wear Kebaya or Kurung to the wedding. Just leggings with long T-shirt. Thanks to my Malay look, many Malay people, mainly perempuan, stared at me up & down. I felt so not comfortable at first. I know the dresscode should be something sopan. Maybe to them, Malays have to wear Kebaya or Kurung. Oh well, they don't even know me anyway. I managed to ignore them after my friends & bf told me to do so and be cool about it. huh! I forgive you all for not knowing anything and simply stare at me to make me uncomfortable.
I'm going to buy a kebaya for myself as soon as possible, for Raya with Syg & future weddings to attend. I know I'm excited about Atiqah's wedding next year! ;)
Some photographs to be shared.
Here comes the bride(s)..
My friend is the bride in white.
I managed to meet some friends!
Gee.. I feel so old suddenly. I compared the old photographs to this.. :')
I'm glad I didn't miss out this wedding. Previously, it was Haslinda's wedding. She invited me via Facebook last year but I didn't get to attend. More weddings please. :)
Syidah asked me a soalan cepu emas.
"Awak ada niat nak convert tak?"
Well, yes since I'm on this path with Joe :)
I really, really think we are all the same. Joe and I did talked about this theory last night while he drove me home. I do not look at Islam as another religion. All religions are the same in the end. This is my point of view. And I'm willing to convert if this is my path, if this is written for me. I can open up my heart & my mind to this. That's why I choose to ignore some insensitive people who doesn't see things the same way that I do.
Syidah : Saya ingat lagi apa yang awak cakap dulu.
Me : Hah..I cakap apa?
Syidah : Awak pernah jawab " Muka saya se-Melayu mana pun, saya takkan convert kepada Islam!"
I was shocked to hear this. I seriously don't remember. Syidah can never forget those words from me because since that day till today, her instincts tell her that one day I will have faith with this religion. Backfired sentence? :O
I'm speechless. God knows what's going to happen next. :) Let it be. Joe heard this conversation and he smiled. hahah.
P/s: OMG 1 am already. Do look out for my EVENT 2 entry. Yes, two events in one day! :)
5 comments:
haiyah aminah..who told u that i kawin next year??haha..
cepat! your turn to kahwin d! haha
Mrs Lan : aiya! apa aminah-aminah ni. where got aminah in this blog. eh u la yang tell me u kahwin next year. XD I cant wait! hehehe.
Xin@extralarge : Wahhhhh. not so early. weih, dont play2, we cannot langkah bendul. wait for our taiko kahwin first la. hahahahaha!
pern! nadhirah here..still remember me or not?? rindu u la! lama x jumpa kan :P
hi Nadhirah! of course I remember u! hahaha. Mana blh lupa kawan yg pernah rapat dulu :)
tulah, lama tak jumpa. mana u tahu my blog ni? hebatnya! :P
Post a Comment