Saturday, February 7, 2009

No girl, I'm not Buddha.

This incident was part of the unforgettable stories in my high school chapter of life.

SPM was around the corner and everyone in school get to do some praying according to their religion. A girl was in charged of the group of Buddhist students; let's just name her as L.

L : Pern... (running towards me)
Me: Yeah?
L : Pern are you Buddha?
Me: No, I'm not Buddha, but I'm a Buddhist.
*Jo, Kalo and Leanda was like laughing, while I felt guilty looking at L's face turning red.*

Basically, she was just asking for donation. Then, while waiting at the school gate...(I forgot who said what, but I will try to recreate the dialogue based on my memory)

Kalo: Haha! If you are Buddha, I'm Jesus Christ.
Jo:And I'm Virgin Mary!!
*all laugh laugh laugh till transport sampai*

Sorry, I really didn't mean to embarrass L, but that just didn't sound right. She got mixed up with Malay language. You know la. Agama Buddha. Hmmm.