Hi, my name is PERN TAN SZE MUN.
I think most people who knows me SHOULD KNOW that I prefer you to call me PERN and drop my surname, Tan.
Let me explain some important things to you.
I KNOW that PERN TAN happens to be Stupid Egg in Mandarin.
I KNOW it is my name and I should be proud of my own name.
I KNOW some people think it is so FUNNNNNY to call me that.
I KNOW some people do not know why I dislike to be called PERN TAN.
I KNOW LA.
Firstly, my name is supposed to be just Tan Sze Mun. But my mother wanted to make it special, letting me carry along a name in Thai to symbolise my personality. Do you really think my mother give me that name on a bad purpose?
She is a Thai, doesn't speak or understand well in Mandarin or Cantonese back then. She didn't know what she has done. But I know my mother's intention is pure, unlike some friends who intentionally hit me with my first two names based on Stupid Egg reason. I know, some friends really think its a joke. That is insulting as you, my friends are insulting my mother, not just me.
Pern is taken from the word APPERN, which is APPLE in Thai. Nothing to do with STUPID in Mandarin language.
I'm not ashamed of my own name, in fact never was.
But why did I avoid from being called PERN TAN? Because of you people, being mean and inconsiderate, taking everything as a joke. My name is very important to me, in case you didn't know. Some people who didn't know but called me that is still forgiveable as they do not have that bad intention.
I get pissed easily when there are dumb people who makes fun of my name. But then again, as I grow old every day, I understand that in life, there are donkeys surrounding us. It's alright.
I should avoid getting angry with donkeys. Ignoring them is the best way.
Sometimes, I'm tired of hearing jokes about my name from my friends. Yeah, my own friends. How embarrassing to have bad friends like them. :) This is why, to avoid all these nonsense, I choose to put APPLE TAN. Easier.
NOT BECAUSE I'm ashamed of my own name, but to avoid too much problems in my life. Like I always said, I got no time for too much drama. Malas nak layan already. If I don't like something or someone, I rather leave it like that, not because of I'm defend-less.
So, remember, my name is PERN TAN SZE MUN and I preferred to be called PERN without the surname to avoid nonsense. APPLE TAN is acceptable. SZE MUN is ermm okay, but its meant for my family usually.
3 comments:
no wonder you call yourself Apple Tan.. Pern Tan sounds interesting.. haha.. =)
kenwooi.com
LOL! :P
cayok~!
Post a Comment