Friday, February 5, 2010

The power of certain digits.

No. 6 is a good number for Chinese, most people think so.
When you double it to 66, that's my nombor pintu rumah.
[don't try to find my house arr!]

When you get triple 6, you know its gonna 666.
Chinese say "Low Low Low" Gooood symbolization.
For Christianity, 666 is Bad bad bad.
ish. you know what, I also know. Everyone also know.

When you turn the 666 upside down, you get 999, the emergency line or name of this soap. My father is a big fan of this soap. I used to use this for my hair in primary school, thanks to the kutu contribution from the girls. It works. ;)Not my pic. I took from Image Google, dunno who's la. Not mine yeahhh.

Anyway,
To those who are familiar with TOA building area, you guys definitely know about the shops on groundfloor right?

We have the "Sangat Memuaskan" Ming Tien Restaurant.
Then, we have Maybank sesat in between TOA lobby and TOA gallery.
We used to have Harrot's Cafe that looks like TOA student lounge.

Now we have the new Ming Tien to take over Harrot's Cafe.

The shop's name is some... Sam Goh Lok or Sam Thiu Lok...Whatever la, all I know it means triple 6. Omg! Bad luck, 666.... Why not 888? Nevermind. But I heard that some friends got stomach ache after consuming some food from that shop. Hmm.. Maybe its the 666' fault. :P

I never been to that shop yet. Maybe I shouldn't go, its a sign. 666. Just like in horror movies, you dare not use the hotel room number 666.

I got another incident to share. This time its about number 4. Chinese believe that 4 is not a good number. It sounds like mati in Cantonese (sei!).

I was in Nix's then rented room at PJS 9 with Mei Mei. We were hanging out while I'm waiting for Joe to pick me up after he is done with work.

Around 12 midnight, he made a call asking me to wait nearby the road to fetch. That's when Nix & Mei Mei walked with me along the road that leads to the main road. It was quite dark and cold. Lamp posts are quite dimmed.

Suddenly, as we walk forward, a taxi came in to our way. It was all normal. But as we reach the taxi's spot, I started to feel not comfortable. I was thinking maybe it will be dangerous to be nearby a taxi with two more girls. What if the taxi driver wants to rape or kidnap us? :S

I quickly walk past the taxi, with Mei Mei behind me and Nix was right at the back. Suddenly Nix stopped to check her shoes or sumthing. I was afraid. So I called her to come forward a.s.a.p coz after we past by the taxi, the driver suddenly goes backward, as if like following us.

I freaked out. I told them and we were like panicking, feeling the cold breeze. We held hands and walk faster. I turned around and saw the plate number. GUESS WHAT? its 444. Wahlau ehhh. Tell me, how we girls won't get frightened?

Me : *saw the plate number* Weiii.... taxi yang mcm follow kita
tuh plate nombor dia 444 la!!
Nix & Mei Mei turned around to see.
Mei Mei: OMG! SeiSeiSei la.....
Me & Nix were like trying to shush her up. Choiii. Don't simply say things.

But hey, we girls were freaking out okay. The taxi is already like reversing, coming towards us, and on top of that, it was 444. Thank you so much la, perfect number to scare us up. We held hands and walk really fast to reach the main road.

Obviously we didn't die. I turned around to see. The taxi wasn't there. But I think I saw the taxi parked in one of the houses. I hope that taxi driver is a human being. *gulp*

I hope that was the same taxi that we noticed earlier. Why I suspect something weird? Coz the driver drove his taxi right inside, passing that house. Why reverse when you can turn into the house straight?

Nevermind la. Maybe its just the number that freaked me out.
Hmmph. Talking about the power of numbers.....

No comments: