How do I start?
Lately I have this thought in my head; I can't get along with my classmates. They are nice but it is just so hard to connect when we don't speak the same language. Oh Wait. We do. English. But then, most of them are Chinese so yeah...most of them speak Mandarin.
I have been trying so hard to learn simple words yet it won't work. Ask my close friends how I bugged them to repeat the same word over and over again. Haha. Difficult to catch up. My tongue la! It just won't cooperate with me. :P
Wahh!!! I'm one of the Chinese who do not speak Mandarin. Pathetic. Even more pathetic when I ask for translation, some people would just brush me off; thinking its not important. Well, I wanna know too. I Don't think like how you think, you know. What's wrong with translating something-not-important-to-u-but-it does-to-me ? People who think that everyone's the same. Haihhhhhh.
Recently, I felt so "isolated" when they all speak in Mandarin for the group discussion. They totally forgot about the minority group. The group who doesn't know Mandarin AT ALL. I gave up so I sat at the corner. Let them make the decision. I will just go with the result, whatever it is.
Part of me wants to get up and go right there, tell them PLEASE SPEAK ENGLISH or TRANSLATE. AKU TAK FAHAM APABENDA KO CAKAP. Part of me wants it to be that way. Just sit down and wait. Give up on trying to blend in so hard. In the end, I gave up. Yi Ling yang amat prihatin noticed that. Hehe. At least there are some people who cares.
Its not exactly a big problem but you know, sometimes you kinda feel this way. Weird thoughts that has been bugging u in your head...bla bla bla.
It is pretty normal to get stuck in this kind of situation. I'm about to get over it, maybe not. I don't know. Let's just see what will happen next.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
I guess sometimes it happens.
2 comments:
It happens.
Though you know,
I don't feel isolated in my class?
Probably because most of them (well the close friends anyway) speak english... and Ean would always go "Want me to translate?" every time someone speaks Chinese.
Don't feel bad, Pern. Just bug everyone to death. We know we're capable of doing that, right? ;D
lol...That's very nice of him. :P
Okla...BUG MY FRIENDS...:D
Post a Comment