I am currently working at an advertising company. I am very busy, well, isn't that obvious that I didn't update my blog? ;)
I thought of not working on Sat, but after aunt's lecture and realizing that I'm losing something. The experience is the benefit. The discipline. So, it was a good thing that I cried in the toilet while she lectured me during office hour. (nobody saw me crying, now worries. Aku pandai berlakon)... Maybe its the toilet bowl again that inspired and motivated me. Oh no. Not again! I got inspiration from my house's toilet bowl for my self-potrait. and no, I didnt draw a jamban for my self-potrait! Forget it. Its silly.
First day of work.
"psst...who's that girl? new staff?" (in Cantonese)
I hear voices and whispers behind me. They were asking about me in Cantonese. owh and I happen to understand Cantonese. Hehehe. I ignored it with my acting skills. (thanks for the empty look practice, Mr. Gary!)
"Sze Mun, can you edge out all these pics?"
That's what I've been doing for two days! Boring + got back ache.. But it was fun using pen tool. Did I tell you that I loveeeee pen tool?
"Owh so you are Sze Mun, Susan's niece!"
Yeah. And Nobody knows I'm Pern/Apple. They know me as Sze Mun or Tan Sze Mun. Good. Low profile skit.
"Wow. She looks like a fair Indian!"
Best compliment. Now you know, I can change skin colour ranging from Thai girl, Indon girl, Malay girl to Indian girl, and its called FAIR INDIAN SKIN. hahahahaha!!
Second day of work.
"Sze Mun, can you edge out the pics in this folder?"
I almost died doing edge out on Photoshop. I was jealous to see other staffs doing design on Illustrator!
" So, you must be the youngest in your family?"
No. Eldest. I know I looked like anak manja thanks to my fake gentle behaviour. I'm not as innocent as you see. I mean, I need that mask when I'm working there. Don't need to behave like a monkey there unless I'm at home.
" 19 years old? So young!"
Yes yes.Thank you. I know I'm a small girl. I'm facing this problem. I call this a problem because some people wouldn't believe my age. I swear people won't even know that I'm 19 if I wear back the pinafore or baju kurung sekolah. I got no chance to looked a bit matured. Gosh. I'm actually complaining for looking young when lots of old ladies are actually dying to look young? This is a real problem.
Third Day of Work.
" So you like what you are doing now? Is graphic design animated enough for you?"
Duh. If not, I won't be working there right? I started to like gfx first, then slowly discover my passion more to motion graphics and next thing is things involving both animation and 3D view.
" Can you try to come up with a concept for Hari Raya flyer?"
I was so happy on my third day as I finally get to design. omg omg omg. but I still cant escape from edging out product images. its ok.
Fourth Day of Work.
" Sze Mun, WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING ON SAT???"
My aunt scolded me. She said I can learn more. "if they eat grass, you eat grass." So I followed what she said. I guess I ate the grass. :P
Fifth Day of Work.
I'm enjoying my work. No need dialogues here. :)
And guess what? they didn't know that I can design though I'm just a first year student. omg. that sounds so pathetic. Miscommunication I guess. My aunt didn't know I can design. She didn't inform them. The staff too. One of them even asked how I know Illustrator. -_-" (i just sweat!:O) It means, I can get more pay. And my four week's pay is going to be used for my college fee.
I'm tired. I don't get enough sleep. I have to travel far. Its at Bandar Sri Damansara. Since I'm working on Sat, I cant go out much. I only have Sundays. Tmw I'm going out with Kitts. Hope that I have the strength to do what I want to do. I want to work. And I want to do my other things as well. Balanced life.
No comments:
Post a Comment