I swear I could smack her face and punch her tummy.
Terrible woman. She's my company's important client that terrifies the staff here. If she doesn't like your work, you better do something about it. She reject as she likes. That's considered normal.
This is how she becomes the terrifying client. After looking at the design or layout for many times and approved it, when you are about to press the Print button, she will just inform you that she wants to change things. Imagine if it was too late to change. Who's gonna pay for that?
I have become one of her victims. Just a part-timer but already got into problem with people like her. Remember the last post I mentioned about my first project to design? It is the Raya hamper brochure for Cold Storage. I was so happy to get started. I finished on time. Everyone was okay with it including her staff who dropped by often. btw, her staff kept telling me how much I look like Maya Karin. hehehehehe. again. kembang-kalah-besi.
Suddenly, the terrifying client call up my boss and they argued on the phone. I could only hear one sentence, "What's WRONG with you??" Here's something that I want to share. I'm a designer and I understand that customers are always right but sometimes, I wish I could inject some logic sense into their blood. Maybe with some art sense too. It is our responsibility to advice them about this too. BUT, if they are as stubborn as stain, you cant do anything, seriously. Wish that Dynamo works on human beings. Too bad.
I could accept the rejection, but I couldn't accept the reason of rejection : The Raya brochure is too "Malay".
When I hear that, I wanted to do what I have first said just now. Dumb enough to give a stupid reason. No wonder there was an argument on phone. She said she wants the design to be able to give that Raya feeling. okay. And now, she is saying that its too Malay. You mean, Malays got nothing to do with Hari Raya? She must be expecting it with Chinese culture or Indian culture. And she got bad sense of colour. So bad that I can't describe. When people can't describe how bad you are, it means you are really going down to the drain. Lol. Just kidding!
Thank you so much for being a terrifying client. I will never forget you. You and your "Too Malay".
Hey that makes me wonder....
Does she even know what is Hari Raya celebration? I doubt it.
No comments:
Post a Comment