Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tom Yam Fuss

You know I have Thai blood in me, can say about 75% Thai, 25% Chinese. I'm not like what people usually claim - half thai half chinese. No No. Its not half. I'm 3/4 Thai. Lol.

I love food, and you can tell by my size. Hehe. I'm not very fat, but I think I am fat, like I always do. I love Thai food and Western food. Sometimes a lil bit of Chinese food like Braised Pork Rice, Curry Pan Mee. Urgh! Delicious I tell you! No, I don't eat J.Co anymore. I don't know when I will actually eat it. I find that its good to promise Kitts that I wouln't eat j.Co. I took it as a challenge, plus its good for me la.

Sometimes, I feel like I don't belong here, maybe because of my 75% thingie. haha! I mean, I prefer to eat at Thailand, and everybody knows/should know how delicious is Thai food. Not just Tom Yam (I'm sick of it), but also desserts like Papaya Salad (Som Tam), Fried Chicken(Kai Thot), Nem(Dunno what's it called in English)...arghh! I can go on for more. Normally, if I am there, around 4pm I will follow my mum to the streets nearby Florida Hotel(Hat Yai not U.S) and approach those stalls. Omg, How much I miss those times. It has been almost 4 years I didn't go back there. It used to be an anual visit for us. No money, no go.

Since I know how real/original Tom Yam tasted like, I can tell if its good Tom Yam or BAD Tom Yam. I don't care how much other Malaysians love it or not. This is my perspective so obviously we have different opinions. I always have a hard time for getting real Tom Yam in K.L. I found a not-bad one from MidValley, The Gardens. Ground floor. I think its Rak Thai Restaurant. Me & Kitts ordered one bowl, without coconut milk, coz its not our favourite. Not bad. Without Nam Prik too, if not mistaken. And it has no colour, but it tasted the same. But Mum always have Tom Yam coloured la. Haha!

I think most of my friends already know how I made a big fuss out of Tom Yam. Like what I did during lunch at Sunway Pyramid's Kopitiam. Lol. What's with all the excessive vegetables? I feel like it took the taste away. Not sour enough. It does not fulfil Pern's Tom Yam criteria. hahahaha! Not even Mum's criteria. But then again, some people still enjoy it, saying its delicious. Okay. But I'm not going to order anymore Tom Yam shit. And I almost fainted when I hear Tom Yam Chicken! What the hell? That should be the last thing ever made. I didn't taste it, but my friends said it was okay. I never heard of it. Its always shrimps, fish, seafood. Not chicken. Ew. I can imagine chicken meat soaked in Tom Yam soup. Lol!

Anyway, people still can sip the soup and didn't die, that it shouldn't be a prob la. Its just me and the Tom Yam issue. If Mum was there too, she would probably complain more than me.

Well, what can I say? She is a cook, unlike me. She laughed when I went home and told her I had "TOM YAM GOONG BAA!" for lunch. It means "Crazy Tom Yam Shrimp". She knew what I meant. So does Dad & Sis.

Lastly, I do hope everyone enjoy their Tom Yam despite its taste or originality.

All Hail Fake Tom Yams in this world.

No comments: