Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I eat pork, mah.

Today is the big boss' birthday and it means that everyone gets to celebrate along. To me, it means, free food. haha. Buffet lunch again. Last two weeks, we just had a farewell party for two Bangladeshi workers. I have no chance to starve. :P

I went up the the office. It is not my office, but its the main building of the company, which is across the road. I only see Chinese people and I don't feel comfortable as I do not know anyone. Maybe a few, just by the face and name. I was about to take some food when my ears hear something...

(in Cantonese)
" Who is this?"
" Owh. She's from that side of Design department."
"Eh..Non-Halal food only you know??"
"haha. She is a Chinese la"

When the man asked "Who is this?" I felt like someone took a needle and poked my butt.Ouch! I turned and looked at him once. I knew it. I knew that he is about to wonder why this Malay girl is taking Non-Halal food. I'm not pissed, but I'm hurt abit. After he asked that question, I felt so out. Then, this stupid feeling came to me. I felt as though everyone is looking at me. Self-consciousness.

I eat pork. It tastes good. I can eat it though I have this tan tone of skin colour.

And oh crap. Fasting month is coming soon. I know I will get into trouble, like every year man.

It is not nice to get scolded or stared in the public. But I'm used to it la. Haih.. what the heck man. You think I care? No one is going to stop me from eating Sundae in public, anymore.

Just to let you know, last year, I got bad service and almost got kicked out of A&W for eating there. So bad that the manager have to come out and ask my religion. bodoh sial.

1 comment:

princess_nathra said...

i remembered that a&w day very clearly like it just happen yesterday..haha...fasting month...dont worrie..if u dgn i,ada org kutuk2,aku sepak terajang je muka dia...ok?hehe...Nat,Pern and Edayah...3sekawan...3dalang...3setan..jgn risau are...we will back each other up..aight...daa...