Monday, December 15, 2008

A LONG story of myths and medium. Don't read if you are too lazy.

Dragon. They are one of the 12 animals in our Chinese horoscope. I was borned on the year after Dragon's, which is Snake's year(1989). I have been interested to know about their existence. Are there proofs out there to show that they were here? I'm really interested to know about Chinese myths and legends, though people would say that it has the probability of being false. But it's good to know, to hear fantasy comes to life.

I know not much but I always asked my parents, particularly my dad since he witness how his lady friend accepted "the call" to be a medium. Yes, if you have visited me before, you do know my house is a temple at the outside part. The medium is still around, so there are people who will come to ask about health, luck, feng shui of the house or office, and even when one is possessed or maybe cursed. However, she wouldnt do "man mai" or something like that, as she do not wish to communicate with the dead ones. I heard that she was doing it in her early years of trance, but she felt horrified and said this once "urgh! you would never want to see their faces". Damaged badly, if they were killed brutally. Enough said.

Talking bout dragons, I do wonder till now if they do exist. Mum told me that they do. Thousands of years ago, during the ancient times. I questioned her about how people maybe just made it up. Mum said that it is true nowadays we humans can be more creative and imaginative and will be able to come up with fantasy stories. But one of her sentence did struck me - If in the begining itself the dragon or any other myth does not exist, how would people be able to come up with statues and carvings from many thousand years ago? We do know that it could be real. Basically, its up to one's mind or thinking. Its either you believe it or you dont.

Mum told me that she used to visit this Thai temple (Wat Sakan, I think) and there is an ancient statue of dragon, which is claimed that the real dragon is in it. It was put on magic spell to stay stoned till today. The statue is BIG. I don't know to believe it or not, but when I was young, parents brought me there before. Of course I can't remember, too young.

From my dad's side of story, he used to hear many things from his medium friend. Once in Penang during Goddess of Mercy's festival, a dragon was made out of papers and stuff; it has been "hoi kong"(to make it come alive as in their soul is there). The people carried the dragon on the lorry, planning to cross the sea by ferry. But they failed to get the dragon's head into the ferry; too huge and high. So they decided to make a U-turn to turn back, instead of continuing the parade. In our eyes and with logic sense, it was possible to make a U-turn.

BUT.... don't forget that the dragon has been "Hoi Kong" and you know how dragon or any long animals with tail move when they turn. Yes, the tail. PLus they are larger than we can imagine. And what I was trying to say? well, according to my dad and the medium, there was once that the penang bridge was reported not stady? Slightly shaking, probably because of the pillars. I don't know, but the medium says that it has a connection - "Of course the bridge will be shaky when you make the dragon U-turn"

Some people choose not to believe this. But one thing for sure I do believe what the medium says till today. She is really powerful and please, she is not using any black magic. It is pure in trance, chosen by God. Normally, the chosen ones are people who are borned on the Dragon years. They seem to have a little of six sense. Freaky to say my mum is a little of it. She doesnt dare to put both of her hands together and pray to the alter, particularly Goddess of Mercy. She got frightened. She didn't want to continue because she is not into trance. (Thank God she didn't want or else I would be a dead meat, knowing all my secretive things!!!) As for me? I'm normal, though sometimes its normal to get deja vu or even dream of future, and also my mulut masin. He He. Gosh! I love this topic!

1 comment:

princess_nathra said...

yeah yeah!!mulut masin kan??cepat cakap ied akan call aku!!!dengan hati ikhlas ek!!hehehe...